BA/BS required. Masters preferred. Excellent coaching, instruction and leadership skills. Complete understanding of NCAA Division III rules. Computer literate. Ability to train and manage student workers and volunteers. Must complete certification for AED, CPR and first aid upon hire.
Job Summary: Directs all aspects of a successful NCAA Division III cross country program and is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all activities related to the men’s and women’s cross country teams. These areas include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and closely supervising practices & meets and all team travel
- Managing team budgets
- Overseeing equipment and uniform purchases, inventories, and budgets
- Abiding by NCAA & AMCC rules & regulations
- Serving as a positive role model for the Hilbert community
- Developing and maintaining good communication with student-athletes, recruits, Department & College faculty & staff
- Mentoring assistant coach(es)
Requirements/Qualifications: Knowledge of NCAA & AMCC rules and regulations; basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer); strong communication & interpersonal skills; willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings & weekends, some weekday travel required; strong organizational skills; playing & coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level; Bachelor’s degree preferred; valid driver’s license.
If applicable, there may be additional coaching opportunities available with our men’s & women’s outdoor track program.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional
references to: Megan Valentine, Director of Athletics, firstname.lastname@example.org